Wheels and Wine Tour
Bay Tours Nelson have teamed up with Trail Journeys to provide a great new tour option for you! The Bike Tour is a great for those who love to cycle and wish to see the best local wineries by car.
This is a fabulous way to see Nelson and an all-round great day costing only $245 per person (including bike hire). Pick up your bike at 9.30am (we can arrange delivery in some cases to your motel. Please confirm when booking). Our friendly and helpful staff will give you directions on how to get to Mapua taking in terrific sights on the way. Much of the ride is on the stunning new coastal Great Taste Trail winding through vineyards, estuaries and orchards.
The bike ride should take two hours; it is 33kms from Nelson to Mapua with the easiest of grades. Just before you reach Mapua, you board the Mapua Ferry for a fun, short boat trip across the channel to Mapua. Once you reach Mapua you will have the chance to browse the boutique stores and have a lovely lunch (not included) on the wharf.
You will then be met by your Bay Tours Guide at approximately 1.30pm. From here we will take you to two of Nelsons finest award winning locally owned wineries or breweries and an art gallery depending on your preference. At the end of the tour, we transport you back to your accommodation, and return your hire bike to the bike hire company.
Biking from Kaiteriteri? No problem, we can offer the same great service from Mapua. Please enquire today. Further information will be provided about Bike pick up or delivery, Ferry schedules etc on booking.
Please note we need a minimum of two persons on tours. Bike Hire, Bike Transport, and tastings are included in this price. Tour does not include any meals or Ferry fare. Ferry Fare Adult NZ$8.00 one way required if coming from Nelson.
Cancellation Policy: Up to 5 days before = Re-ticketing at no extra cost OR refund less 20% transaction fee. If cancelled within 5 days of tour there is nil refund.
- September 2017 – April 2018 (NB: not available on Christmas day)
- Cycle equipment which includes a hybrid trail bike, helmet, repair kit, panniers or carrier bag, odometer and trail documentation
- Bottled water / souvenir map
- Return Mapua Ferry crossing
- Transport available on the Trail Hopper, from Nelson City, Nelson Airport, Kaiteriteri, to Mapua Wharf ($25 pp - one way, $40pp – Return)
- Enjoy this fantastic fun day out on our high end E-Bikes (electric)! (NB: extra $54 per person, no children’s e Bikes available)